Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Fri Nov 10, 2000  1:34 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Body Mapping Book

Lloyd wrote:

> The implication of this statement is that individual differences in body
> types prevents any kind of understanding of the breathing mechanism that
is
> common to all humans. Of course, this is not true. The breathing
> mechanism that is common to humans, regardless of body type is also common
> to all members of our genus and species, that is, homo sapiens. It is a
> common mistake to assume that we each are so individually different
> anatomically.

Assuming you haven't read the book, I don't see how someone can have such an
assertive opinion about the unknown. Anyway, I understand what you meant but
I don't think the author meant to destroy the concept of species. I've been
too busy lately, so I won't be able to ellaborate much here now, but what I
have time to say :-) is that the author was referring to muscular chains,
how individual they are and how that affects our breathing. That site I
mentioned has some 'laws'. I think the sixth refers to the diaphragm. Take a
look at it.

Bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com