Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
"Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Fri Nov 10, 2000  5:01 am
Subject:  Re: Body Mapping Book

Hello Caio

On 09-Nov-00, Caio Rossi wrote:
s every
> anatomic constitution is unique, so is the breathing process: there's not
> such thing as 'correct' breathing, but ideal 'breathing' for each person,
> without any crutches. That comprehension implies the recognition of
> diversity and accepting the various breathing typologies ( and that one?
> does it exist in English?... too tired to look it up now ), permitting
> each individual to find out his/her own quality and balance in breathing.

The implication of this statement is that individual differences in body
types prevents any kind of understanding of the breathing mechanism that is
common to all humans. Of course, this is not true. The breathing
mechanism that is common to humans, regardless of body type is also common
to all members of our genus and species, that is, homo sapiens. It is a
common mistake to assume that we each are so individually different
anatomically. But it is a handy thought process to think this way because
it removes our need to understand our bodies as a commodity that it
universal within the species.

Regards
--
Lloyd W. Hanson, DMA