Vocalist.org archive

From:  Anne Cronvich <acronvich@h...>
Anne Cronvich <acronvich@h...>
Date:  Thu Nov 9, 2000  7:23 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Body Mapping Book (Dr. Diane, pls. read too)

Laura, I took the 2 day course last spring. I wonder if non-singers
perhaps are not as physically aware as are singers. What I noticed
during the class was the importance of allowing the breath muscles to
work rather than making them work. Both singers and wind instrumentalsts
ended up with more air than they thought they had and did not ever sound
as if they were running out. What I got from the course was the
importance of accurately knowing how your body is designed and how it
works so that you can let it work as nature planned it to work. I, too,
find the book a bit silly, but I think she arranged it so that tidbits
of information could stand out, rather than be contained in long winded
paragraphs to be waded through. Anne Cronvich

emusic.com