Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Thu Nov 9, 2000  12:04 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] Pronunciation??/Original Language?

> Can anyone tell me the original language? I have it in English and German.
> I would assume neither of them is the original. If you know the original,
> could you put a copy of the words here?

I believe the original language is Swedish, though set by a Norwegian
composer (Grieg in his Peer Gynt Suite). Norwegians often used Swedish in
literature because historically it was considered more suited for the
sound element so necessary in poetry. Someone correct me if I have my
facts backwards; I'm recalling this from memory.

Mark Montgomery

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6319 Re: Pronunciation??/Original Language? Lloyd W. Hanson   Thu  11/9/2000   5 KB

emusic.com