Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Martti Savijoki" <marty@m...>
"Martti Savijoki" <marty@m...>
Date:  Sun Nov 5, 2000  6:51 pm
Subject:  Re: SLS (to Martti)

> Now:
> 1. Do the bubble again and monitor your larynx with your thumb.
Does it rise
> as far as it does when you swallow?

It rises gradually so it depends on how high I sing.

> Does it feel like a squeeze in the
> throat?

That's possible.

> Is your volume consistent or do you get louder on the top?

I think is quite consistent, at least it doesn't get louder on the
top.

If it's
> just a "little" tight on the top notes don't worry too much, it'll
settle
> with time. You can add more "hooty" on the top notes to compensate.
If
> you're also getting louder just back off a little on top.
>
> 2. Try the same thing with the hum to see what happens.

Everything as above...

> 3. How high (what note in reference to the middle C of a piano) are
you able
> to vocalise more or less comfortably with both the bubble and the
hum?

With bubble to F5 or F#5 and with hum to the same... But sounds very
quiet and I really have to try hard. But when my voice is fatigued I
can't get that high.

- Martti

emusic.com