Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Thu Nov 2, 2000  4:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Newbie Judge

> Valerie wrote:
>
> I am going to be judging my first NATS competition this Saturday. I will be
> judging the 19-20 year old female division and picking three singers for the
> finals. Any words of wisdom from you wise experienced, judges out there?

When I am judging competitions, I always follow two personal rules: I
focus in on one major point, explaining my suggestions in as much detail
as possible. I also always say something positive which can require some
imagination. I particularly remember once complementing a young man on
his choice of audition apparel in order to have something positive to say!
Did I mention he was wearing a powder blue tuxedo?

Mark Montgomery

emusic.com