Vocalist.org archive

From:  LMorgan923@a...
LMorgan923@a...
Date:  Wed Nov 1, 2000  3:06 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] fake accents help

In a message dated 10/31/2000 7:01:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mightymezzo@h... writes:
mightymezzo@h... writes:

<< Actually, there's a wonderful little stage comedy that explores just this
phenomenon, "The Foreigner." In it, a shy Englishman vacationing in a
mountain lodge in Georgia (USA) is compelled to masquerade as a "foreigner"
who can't speak or understand English.>>

One of the funniest plays I've ever seen in my entire life. We did a
production of it when I was on the staff of the community theatre here, and
it's one of the few plays I watched over and over again.

<< Me, I'm workink on my fake aksent to play a vampire queen for the
trick-or-treaters tonight, dahlink. >>

I once got the role of the emigree Russian Grand Duchess in Kaufman and
Hart's "You Can't Take It With You" because I was the only one who auditioned
who could do the accent. All I was doing was an imitation of Natasha from
Rocky and Bullwinkle. :-)

Lee Morgan
Mezzo-soprano

emusic.com