Vocalist.org archive

From:  LMorgan923@a...
LMorgan923@a...
Date:  Wed Nov 1, 2000  2:32 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] fake accents help

In a message dated 10/31/2000 5:59:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dorisopran@a... writes:

<< Oh, Cindy, you just gave me a flashback to my undergrad days!! I'm in a
classroom in Mannes College, and Mme. Kalir is saying, "Oh, Doris, you are
so
lazy lipped!!" (superimpose a Parisian accent on that quote!) >>

My favorite line on this subject came from my second voice teacher in
grad school, who was a tiny little nearly-ancient French woman who would say
to me as she held her lips in a pout, "No, like thees. As if you were
bestowing a kees." The idea of bestowing a kees tickled me then and amuses
my students now. :-)

Lee Morgan
Mezzo-soprano

emusic.com