Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Wah Keung Chan @ La Scena Musicale" <wkchan@s...>
"Wah Keung Chan @ La Scena Musicale" <wkchan@s...>
Date:  Tue Oct 31, 2000  10:57 pm
Subject:  This month in La Scena Musicale, November 2000- Vol. 6.3

This month in La Scena Musicale, November 2000- Vol. 6
November 2000 - Vol. 6.3

This month in La Scena Musicale (http://www.lascenamusicale.org)

* On the cover, diva Renée Fleming reveals how hours of hard work is responsible for her amazing vocal abilities. Contest: Enter our internet contest to win 5 Renée Fleming Cds (Thaïs (2CDs), The Beautiful Voice, The Schubert Album, Mozart Arias) courtesy of Universal Music Canada. Tell a friend and win The Beautiful Voice.

* Our voice special continues with an article on the historical evolution of the voice since 1600.

* Special on higher education. A listing of Canadian schools is included, as well as articles on life after university: future prospects for students, salaries to consider and a comparative chart of some university music libraries.

* Don Campbell, the celebrated author of The Mozart Effect writes about one of the most famous teachers of the XXth century, Nadia Boulanger. As The Final Note, we reprint an article written by Boulanger, first published in 1970: "Dissonance is Today. Consonance is Tomorrow."

* We publish the second prize winner in our student writing contest - French category (In French), a profile of up and coming composer Jean-François Laporte.

*The Youth Page celebrates Halloween in style by giving youngsters tricks to write spooky music and discusses Dukas' The Apprentice Sorcerer.

* XXth Century: Pierre Grondines demystifies serialism.

* Plus don't miss our calendar, jazz section and CD reviews!

* Visit our web site to receive a sample copy in the mail. http://www.lascenamusicale.org

* New on the web site: Free Weekly MP3 download.

____________
For information:
La Scena Musicale
(514) 274-1128
info@scena.org
www.lascenamusicale.org

La Scena Musicale Online
Web: http://www.scena.org
* 4 stars - Special Issue "The Best of the Net", Le Monde
* Selected 3rd best music website by Chamber Music Magazine.
* Article in the Montreal Gazette
http://www.montrealonline.com/music/pages/000617/4295823.html

emusic.com