Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
"Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
Date:  Tue Oct 31, 2000  9:57 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] fake accents help

Chris:

What a hoot! I do that too! I do it with my students too. Nothing pretties
up a funky teenaged Albanian (we're talking Albany, NY) vowel like a good
dose of Julie imitation. Now though, I have to assign them to rent a tape of
her. They're all too young to know who she is.

Best wishes,

Laura

Christine Thomas wrote: "Hey, if I ever need to find where something needs
to sit, I think "WWJD"... that is "What would Julie do?" I pull out my best
Julie Andrews impression and sing whatever needs fixing in that voice and
then figure out what it was I did and how I can make it work in my own
voice...."

emusic.com