Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue Oct 31, 2000  9:47 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] fake accents help

In a message dated 10/31/2000 3:27:30 PM Central Standard Time,
csdonnell@m... writes:
csdonnell@m... writes:

<< I often have my private students and my English diction class experiment
with British accents as a way to clarify vowel colors. I myself used to
"think British" when singing in the lower part of my range (I'm a mezzo).
The general response to this exercise is that students say that the
tone/vowel sits higher and more forward. >>

Hey, if I ever need to find where something needs to sit, I think "WWJD"...
that is "What would Julie do?" I pull out my best Julie Andrews impression
and sing whatever needs fixing in that voice and then figure out what it was
I did and how I can make it work in my own voice....

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6144 Re: fake accents help Laura Sharp   Tue  10/31/2000   2 KB

emusic.com