Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Mon Oct 30, 2000  9:17 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] REP: organ/alto or harpsichord/alto

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Tako Oda wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have an organist/harpsichordist friend with whom I'd like to perform
> more, but am utterly clueless as to what early repertoire is available
> specifically for keyboard and alto, as opposed to *continuo* and alto,
> which would imply the addition of a cellist or gambist.
>
> My guess is there is plenty of church stuff which is for organ and voice
> only... Is there any for harpsichord and voice only?

Collections:

O TUNEFUL VOICE - 25 classical English songs with accompaniment for piano,
harpsichord, or harp (Oxford University Press)

SEVENTEENTH CENTURY SCOTS SONGS FOR VOICE AND LUTE or HARPSICHORD,
published by Harassowitz in Germany, as part of their "Musica Scotica"
series (they are also preparing an 18th Century volume).

Individual Composers - early music:

James Hook: SELECTED SONGS & CANTATAS, Vol. 2, for voice and piano,
harpsichord, harp, or gutar. (Piper Publishing)

Sigismondo d'India's IL PRIMO LIBRO DI MUSICHE DA CANTAR SOLO - Edizione
critica, published by the Athenaeum Cremonense, might yield some
interesting songs for you.

There is also a series of Purcell songs (secular and sacred volumes)
published in England by Novello, with accompaniment intended for organ,
harpsichord, or harp. These editions are NOT the same as those published
by International Music Corp. in this country.

Not early music - 20th c. in fact:

Edmund Rubbra: SALVE REGINA for low voice (contralto, baritone, or
countertenor), and piano or harpsichord, op. 119 (A. Lengnick/Mills Music)

Robert X. Rodriguez: PRALINE & FUDGE, for low voice and piano or
harpsichord (Galaxy Music)

Trevor Hold: SONG AT NIGHT, for medium voice and piano or harpsichord (B.
Ramsey/A.Broude)

Daniel Pinkham: MUSIC IN THE MANGER, for medium voice & piano or
harpsichord (E.C. Schirmer)

Betty Roe: NOBLE NUMBERS - five songs for medium voice (baritone,
contralto, or countertenor) and piano or harpsichord (Thames Publishing/G.
Schirmer)

Conrad Susa: HYMN FOR THE AMUSEMENT OF CHILDREN, for medium voice and
piano or harpsichord (E.C. Schirmer)

Michael Tippett: SONGS FOR ARIEL, for voice and piano or harpsichord
(Schott)

Karen Mercedes
=====
My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

-----
Es en balde, majo mio, que sigas hablando
porque hay cosas que contesto yo
siempre cantando:
Tra la la...
Por mas que preguntes tanto: