Vocalist.org archive

From:  Shuff@c...
Shuff@c...
Date:  Mon Oct 30, 2000  7:57 pm
Subject:  Re: Ewa Podles

--- In vocalist-temporary@egroups.com, John Alexander Blyth
<BLYTHE@B...> wrote:
> Not that I have an aswer - it's just that soprano Brabara Ann
Martin was
> here last week and provoked a similar response. For myself, I simply
> adjusted to it and enjoyed the subtly nuanced performance anyway.
john

John -

What I found was that her technique hampered her ability to
communicate the words, and the way she expressed herself musically.
Yes, she was expressive - but it seemed rather over the top, simply
based on the all the work she had to do in order to *make* her
sound. Does this make sense?

Sarah

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6489 Re: Ewa Podles John Alexander Blyth   Wed  11/15/2000   3 KB
6504 Re: Ewa Podles Leslie Jones   Wed  11/15/2000   2 KB
6670 some things on in the canadian prairies John Alexander Blyth   Tue  11/21/2000   3 KB

emusic.com