Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Sat Oct 28, 2000  10:09 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: CCM singers

Caio:
Is the Petra cd with Greg X. Volz or John Schlitt? Volz leans towards
being a countertenor (range-wise) & it becomes even more evident on his
solo album "Exodus", which was released shortly after he left Petra.
Schlitt is more of a rock-n-roller who sounds like he has had some vocal
training - he used to be with Head East. Needless to say, Petra's sound
changed somewhat when the lead singer changed. It had a hint of a
classical flavor with Volz vs. more of a hard rock edge with Schlitt.

Petra's glue has always been Bob Hartman, who wrote most of their songs &
did a lot of the arranging but he has "retired" so we're a little
hesistant to check out their latest work. Perhaps the Elephante brothers
(you'll find John on Kansas' "Vinyl Confessions" & "Drastic Measures"),
who have been producing Petra's recordings for about 10 years now, can
help to keep that act together.

Pat

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000 11:21:34 -0200 "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>