Vocalist.org archive

From:  Linda Fox <linda@f...>
Linda Fox <linda@f...>
Date:  Fri Oct 27, 2000  2:05 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: SLS and the lowereed Larynx (WAS: About studying voice)

Geoffrey Yung wrote:

> you can try the Seth Rigg's Yawning method. Try to yawn and sing at
> the same time, you will notice your larynx being lowered. When you
> larynx get used to that low position, remove the yawning and try sing
> again. It should be more stabilized. I guess 'Slight' raise is ok.

I am confused here. I haven't read any of Seth Riggs' work or studied
SLS (yet) but I ws under the impression from what I had read on Vocalist
(Randy and/or Rocio and/or another SLS devotee) that lowering the larynx
was one of the things that the method felt was _not_ a necessity. Or is
this just to counteract a habit of pulling it up?

I think I've misunderstood it somewhere.

cheers,

Linda

emusic.com