Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Fri Oct 27, 2000  4:47 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] cabaret

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000 RALUCOB@a... wrote:

> << Anton Bruckner: Cabaret Songs >>???
>
> i can honestly say, i have never been so frightened in my entire life!

He wrote them under a pseudonym (which I'm trying to discover).
Apparently, when he was working on his last symphony, he overheard some
popular cabaret singing, and was so haunted by it, he interrupted his
composition to write these songs, which were very much in the popular
cabaret song vein. I'll see if I can't find out some more about them -
including Bruckner's "nom de plume" for them.

KM
=====
My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

-----
Es en balde, majo mio, que sigas hablando
porque hay cosas que contesto yo
siempre cantando:
Tra la la...
Por mas que preguntes tanto: