Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Fri Oct 27, 2000  3:48 am
Subject:  RE: Re: [vocalist-temporary]Another form of cabaret

Hardly cabaret but worth a mention. Reg

DARWIN & GOULD: LIVE AND IN CONCERT
Historian of science and "Natural History Magazine" editor Richard Milner
again entertained Skeptics at the recent Gould Festschrift at Caltech with
some of his remarkable songs about evolution. Last year, Milner regaled us
with his witty show, "Charles Darwin: Live & In Concert," which he has
performed all over the world. This time around, he put together a special
tribute to Stephen Jay Gould, featuring two brand new songs: "My Name is
Stephen Jay Gould" (a Gilbert & Sullivan parody) and "I'm the Guy Who
Found Natural Selection," a wildly comic number featuring Jimmy Durante as
the rival of Alfred Russel Wallace.
Audio cassettes of the songs can be obtained from: Richard Milner, 118 W.
72 Street, Apartment 503, New York City, New York 10023. You may order
either "Charles Darwin: Live & In Concert," containing four songs from that
show, or "Musical Salute to Stephen Jay Gould," which includes two Darwin
songs ("The Anthropologist's Song" and "Why Didn't I Think of That?") plus
the two new Gould songs. "The Darwin Live" tape includes the blues number,
"A Little Somethin' to Decide", about the Scopes trial, and "Let Him Be
First," an imaginary soliloquay by Darwin on receiving Wallace's letter
from Malaysia. Cost is $8 for each, plus $1.50 for postage and handling,
for a total of $9.50. Please send cash or personal check. Sorry, no credit
cards.
Richard Milner
Senior Editor,
Natural History Magazine