Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Thu Oct 26, 2000  6:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: cabaret

In a message dated 10/26/2000 11:09:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
toda@m... writes:

<< He probably doesn't have anything to worry about, even if there are
homophobes - they tend to be pretty clueless about gay culture, so they
won't catch on to subtle references, even if they are there.

yeah, I remember when I moved back to very conservative Milwaukee in time for
PrideFest and saw the streets of downtown festooned with rainbow flags -- I
was quite surprised and made a comment to a co-worker about how surprised I
was to see the rainbow flags. Her response was, "Oh, aren't they pretty?
They're to kick off the summer festival season." Not a clue and I didn't
bother to enlighten her.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com