Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Martti Savijoki" <marty@m...>
"Martti Savijoki" <marty@m...>
Date:  Thu Oct 26, 2000  7:25 am
Subject:  Re: About studying voice

Thank you, Geoffrey. I think I'll enjoy your tips. But I think I
can't help pulling chest as long as I've not found out how to use my
head voice well. But luckily enough, we haven't had lots of gigs
lately, so I think it's time to train...

> 2) Stay relaxed! and make sure you are not raising your larynx when
> you get to the high notes.

How to get my larynx stabilized? I think my larynx is raising a bit
in any case but obviously not as much as when "pulling chest".

> There are many ways of connecting your chest voice to your head
> voice. I tried out a lot and still have a little break in
> the "passagio area"..

> It will be nice if some experts can give us some better way on how
> eliminate the breaks and connect up the registers.

Yeah it would be... Experts, we're asking for your help!

> Here are some links that maybe helpful to you:
> http://www.davestroud.com
> http://www.rogerlove.com

I'll check'em out. Hope they help.

Marty Claus

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
6035 Re: About studying voice Geoffrey Yung   Thu  10/26/2000   2 KB
6039 Re: About studying voice Geoffrey Yung   Thu  10/26/2000   2 KB
6051 Re: About studying voice Martti Savijoki   Fri  10/27/2000   2 KB

emusic.com