Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Wed Oct 25, 2000  1:17 am
Subject:  Re: Entrenched Thinking or Pops VS Ops

Tako,

I won't discuss this any further. You should read first about philosophy,
politics, sociology, anthropology, etc before talking about something you
don't have any idea of. You defended PC principles and then said you don't
subscribe to them. You're talking about the American dream, and I'm talking
about nation X international capitalism = American imperialism, I'm talking
about relativism and Richard Rorty, and you are completely clueless of what
that means and who he is, I'm talking about values, which are bias by
nature, and you're advocating some kind of 'unbiased value' as value.
I'm talking about Aristotles, Ortega y Gasset, Christopher Larch ( sp? ) ,
Adorno, Giovanni Reale, Daniel Gluckstein, Rene Gueno and Hobsbawn ( BTW,
only Larch is American! ). I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

Whomever here thinks that has nothing to do with the topic, read the
discussion all over again.

Bye,

Caio Rossi

> >> You seem to argue simply because you can and you like the negative
attention

> > I agree: I argue because I can. If I couldn't, I wouldn't.
>
> There are other options, Caio. You could just sit back and listen. You
> could choose your battles carefully.
>
> Maybe you would learn something from the many intelligent people on this
list.

> > Political correction, the basis to the 'new left', is the same basis to
> > imperialism and capitalism nowadays. who are Clinton and Blair and all
the
> > 'new left' leaders but the representatives of the 'new left' AND the New
> > World Order?
>
> Just for the record, I do not subscribe to political correctness and am
> even less sympathetic to the so-called agenda of the US Democratic party.
> I will vote for Nader, not necessarily because I am in complete alignment
> with his ideas, but to shake up our corrupt government a bit. I think for
> myself, thank you.
>
> > BTW, 'YOUR" POINT OF VIEW IS ETHNOCENTRIC, since all you said to
> > support your perspective is that it is good for you ethnic group.
>
> That is not what ethnocentric means. It means one only see things from
> one's culture's point of view, without realizing one's value systems are
> affecting perceptions. It's obvious to me you've bought into the American
> dream, and you're not even in the US!
>
> btw, I do care about other groups other than my own. Do you?
>
> > BTW, intelligence is intelligence. Ethnocentric intelligence is
> > completely meaningful to me. What does it mean?
>
> An ethnocentric intelligence test is based on a body of knowlege and
> valued concepts for those in power. When applied to people of other
> cultures, they will by defintion do poorly.
>
> Tako

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5951 Re: Entrenched Thinking or Pops VS Ops Tako Oda   Wed  10/25/2000   3 KB

emusic.com