Vocalist.org archive

From:  ccaleffie@i...
ccaleffie@i...
Date:  Tue Oct 24, 2000  8:49 pm
Subject:  Subject headings and Entrenched Singing?

Erik is correct. The subject headings need to be revised according to the
post's material.

Also, I am having some trouble relating the "Entrenched thinking" thread to
anything, anymore, that has to do with being a vocalist. These arguments are
becoming quite uninteresting. I am frankly appalled that these messages have
achieved any prominence on the list, but seem to have become forums for the
defense of one's own views. This becomes quite tiring.

Have we exhausted all possibilities related to the art of singing? I think
not. Perhaps we could do less science and philosophy and more vocal art? What
has been apparent in connection with singing and science was established
centuries ago and doesn't bear

What we do as performers of opera and song is not science.

Chris

emusic.com