Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Tue Oct 24, 2000  3:30 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Entrenched Thinking or Pops VS Ops

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Caio Rossi wrote:
> Concerning cultural bias, I can't imagine how someone can belong to a
> culture and not see things through cultural bias. Everything you say
> or do is based on cultural bias. And thinking that you must not have
> cultural bias IS cultural bias ( ot the 'leftist' kind, of course ).

I have to admit, the reason I persist in trying to figure out where you
are coming from is *because* of where you're coming from (Brazil). In a
sense, people who are familiar with more than one culture (like you) are
*relatively* free of cultural bias. We obviously disagree about the
benefits of capitalism and revisionism, but I value your ideas about
the US for their 3rd part perspective.

OK, I'm *really* done now :-)

Tako

emusic.com