Vocalist.org archive

From:  MFoxy9795@a...
MFoxy9795@a...
Date:  Mon Oct 23, 2000  8:17 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] radio stations

In a message dated 10/23/2000 2:29:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kjensen@c... writes:
kjensen@c... writes:

<<
>here in the Boston area, the main commercial station, WCRB, plays
practically
>nothing but the "top 40." they have even dumbed it down to where they don't
>even announce keys or opus nos.!!!! no vocal music, no Met. The Met can
be
>heard on the Harvard station, WHRB, which is not very powerful (i don't get
>good reception 1/2 hour south of Boston. no organ music either on 'crb,
>except for 20 minutes at 7 am on Sunday!!

These descriptions of the current state of affairs in the US with
respect to the broadcasting of classical are truly shocking, and makes me
much more aware of how lucky we are in Canada to have the CBC.
Karen Jensen >>

we do of course have public radio, but the Boston one, 'GBH, only plays
classical from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. otherwise it is news and jazz. the one good
thing about 'CRB is that it is 24 hours a day.

emusic.com