Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Mon Oct 23, 2000  5:59 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: The Vowel Line

In a message dated 10/23/00 11:04:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
LMorgan923@a... writes:
LMorgan923@a... writes:

<< The local public radio station here dropped the Met broadcasts four years
ago and replaced it with sports (!!!!!!) programming. Granted, it was
football and basketball coverage of the university of which they are a part,
but still! They dropped the sports programming within the year because of
the huge uproar from their listeners, but have only this year returned to
programming the Met broadcasts. The letter I sent them when they made that
hideous decision contained some hard numbers from Opera America on the
growth
of the opera audience in the US. Amazing to me. >>

Why does this amaze anyone? Classical music and opera are, and will continue
to be, a very small percentage of the marketplace. I love it too, but
business is business and if no one is buying they're not buying.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5878 Re: The Vowel Line Lloyd W. Hanson   Mon  10/23/2000   3 KB

emusic.com