Vocalist.org archive

From:  Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Date:  Mon Oct 23, 2000  7:07 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Inside--outside confusion

Robert Harris wrote:

> Is there really a such a great difference between the "inside" experience of
> singing
> and the "outside" result of singing?

The short answer is a resounding yes! For the long answer, an exploration of
the Tomatis Method would lead you to very interesting discoveries in the way we
hear and the way we listen. I highly recommend Paul Madaule's book and tape
"When Listening Comes Alive" published by Moulin. M. Madaule gave a
presentation at the NATS convention in Philadelphia this summer, that, if
anything like the presentation he gave here in Vancouver would have been
fascinating. It certainly piqued my curiosity about hearing and listening and
led me to some new realizations about the way I use my ears.

Cheers
Craig, Burnaby BC

> Any help would be greatly appreciated
> Thanks,