Vocalist.org archive

From:  "saint james" <stjames@l...>
"saint james" <stjames@l...>
Date:  Mon Oct 23, 2000  1:11 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Subscribe - Question

I believe that our chances of returning to the original list location
>appear to be slim to none, as circumstances seem to be preventing Marko
from
>carrying out his plan to reestablish us.

Has anyone gotten an update from Marko ? Last I heard he was having trouble
with internic, which is very common. No reason the look else where if he is
really going to again host the list.

I believe what is now needed is
>someone to offer to host the list, and that person should try to negotiate
>getting all the available archives and moving them to the new location. I
>think it is time we find a permanent home once again. I know there are
many
>on this list with lots of computer knowledge, so I hope someone will step
>forward and invite us to make a home with them.

ISP's and other commercial interests will not host a list for free. Too much
bandwidth is taken up when there are so many free list serv's out there.
The best place to look would be an .edu, ie a college or university. Several
on the list teach or are employed by .edu's. This would give the list a free
and stable hosting location.

emusic.com