Vocalist.org archive

From:  Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Date:  Sat Oct 21, 2000  12:28 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] REP : Scenes&Pocket Operas

Kevin Hollis wrote:

> I'm looking for suggestions for short scenes
> and mini operas that would suit us.
> Accompaniment would probably be piano,
> maybe eight piece orchestra if we were
> feeling brave.

There is a single act opera by Elizabeth Raum called The Final Bid about two
couples, both of which are disenchanted with their respective spouses. They
each discover that the individual qualities in their spouse that makes them
unhappy, are the very same qualities that their equivalent in the other
couple craves. Every one ends up with their desired partner at the end.
The music is tonal and quite lovely, with at least one major "aria" for each
performer and several small ensembles. It's available through the Canadian
Music Centre (www.musiccentre.ca).

Cheers
Craig, Burnaby BC

emusic.com