Vocalist.org archive

From:  "saint james" <stjames@l...>
"saint james" <stjames@l...>
Date:  Fri Oct 20, 2000  2:51 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Allergies/Zyrtec/Humabid Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

So: what is 'palpitations-tachycardia' exactly, who can I see it occurs, and
how big is the possibility it will occur (all assuming occuring is the right
verb in this case).

James here.....

While not a doc I can tell you tachycardia is a rapid heartbeat. I think
"palpitations" is the common term. While I have read of tachycardia
happening with antihistamines it seems very infrequent. You can look up the
actual rate of occurrence on the net. I have taken an antihistamine evey
day for 20 yrs w/o ever seeing it. Decongestants, otoh, will cause raised
BP and heart rate in many. The common decongestants are related to the
amphetamines, so Duh, of course they will have this effect.

James

emusic.com