Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Oct 19, 2000  2:50 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Christmas Rep.

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Anne-Louise Klaus wrote:

> Hello again!
>
> I'd really appreciate any suggestions any of you might
> have regarding good mezzo/soprano duets for
> Advent/Christmas and good English language soprano
> solos for that time of year. For those of you who
> read my previous post, you're probably noticing a
> trend here... ;-).

DUETS

Britten: Spring Song, from A CEREMONY OF CAROLS, op. 28

Holst: In the Bleak Midwinter

Byrd: An earthly tree, a heavenly fruit: "A carowle for Christmas day"

SOPRANO SOLOS

Bax: A Christmas Carol (15th Century)

Hovhaness: Christmas Song: Watchman tell us of the night, op 34

Musgrave: A song for Christmas

Rorem: An angel speaks to the shepherds

Alec Rowley: A cycle of three mystical songs

Handel: Rejoice greatly, o daughter of Zion (from MESSIAH)

Niles: I wonder as a I wander

Niles: Carol of the Birds

Vaughan Williams: Snow in the Street

Warlock: Balulalow

Adam: O Holy Night

...plus an endless series of carols.

Karen
-----
Ich sage euch: man muss noch Chaos in sich haben,
um einen tanzenden Stern gebaeren zu koennen.
- Friedrich Nietzsche, ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA

My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html