Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Oct 19, 2000  1:25 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] REP: I need a 90 second aria for a young soprano

The only aria I can think of that I'm sure clocks in at under 90 seconds
is "Here, Queen Uncrowned" from Vaughan Williams' opera HUGH THE DROVER.

The following clock in at about 2 minutes each:

"Gai de soleil" from Massenet's WERTHER

"Summertime" from Gershwin's PORGY AND BESS

"O mio babbino caro" from Puccini's GIANNI SCHICCHI

"Ah! Quel diner" from Offenbach's LA PERICHOLE

"Heureux petit berger" from Gounod's MIREILLE

And a few more, probably not appropriate for young soprano, but noteworthy
for their brevity:

"In quelle trine morbide" and "L'oro, o Tirsi" from Puccini's MANON
LESCAUT

"Volta la terrea" from Verdi's UN BALLO IN MASCHERA

Karen Mercedes
-----
Ich sage euch: man muss noch Chaos in sich haben,
um einen tanzenden Stern gebaeren zu koennen.
- Friedrich Nietzsche, ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA

My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html