Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Wed Oct 18, 2000  12:45 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] The Ubiquitious AH Vowel

> >I pronounce the word "Pull" in the normal American way. Miller uses
> >the work "Nook" for this same vowel which in IPA is written as [U] or
> >capitol U.
> >
> >I believe the usual vowel pronunciation for "Dull" is the [upside
> >down v] as is also found in the word "Fun".
> >

> I (a normal American [????]) pronounce "Pull" and "Dull" the same way -
using the same vowel sound. I am from Minnesota by the way.

I've heard many Americans say 'pull' as in 'dull', although all dictionaries
say it shouldn't. Mike, I think you have Dream Theater's 'Images and Words':
LaBrie sings Pull me Under with the Us sounding the same, doesn't he?

Bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com