Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Tue Oct 17, 2000  2:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: opera and speech

Mark quoted:

> To those who understand the value of classical music, you don't have to
> explain it. And to those who don't, you can't.

I'll paraphase him:

To those who can tell the difference between rhetoric and dialectics, and
prefer the latter to the former, you can explain whatever your point is, and
if you share the preference for this superior discourse, you are willing to
let go of any resistance to be convinced your viewpoint should be
reconsidered. To those who can't tell the latter from the former, all I can
say is: Aristotles made that difference very clear more than 2,000 years
ago.

Bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com