Vocalist.org archive

From:  RALUCOB@a...
RALUCOB@a...
Date:  Mon Oct 16, 2000  4:49 pm
Subject:  opera, singing, speech, etc.

dear fellow listers,

this 'opera and speech' discussion has been interesting. for me, it
confirms the point robert darnton made in his book 'the great cat massacre'
(i hate that title), that we are basically all different, not the same and
that any sameness is simply coincidense. he suggests that, if we wish to
understand another culture (or person, i suppose), we should start by looking
at that aspect of that culture that baffles us the most. by so doing, we
can begin to appreciate it as being different and accept it as such. we can
then choose to interact with that culture or not.

(i just thought i'd mention that.)

mike

emusic.com