Vocalist.org archive

From:  Marthea Blewitt <Marthea@a...>
Marthea Blewitt <Marthea@a...>
Date:  Mon Oct 16, 2000  6:49 pm
Subject:  RE: singing vs. speech

"It's all very well requiring people to sing as they speak, but many people
do not speak
well."

I think John brings up a good point. How many voice teachers work on speech
in a private lesson? And if so, what do you work on? I've found the most
strange vowels sounds coming from my young students, which is definitely
related to their speech. I'll say sing "ah" and they sing "uh." I repeat
it correctly again and again and all I get is "uh." I know you have to hear
the sound in your brain before you can sing it. I'm not sure how to get
some of them to hear it!! Ideas?

Thanks,

Marthea

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5594 Re: singing vs. speech DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTM   Mon  10/16/2000   2 KB
5595 Re: singing vs. speech R.L.Frye@w...   Mon  10/16/2000   4 KB
5597 Re: singing vs. speech LMorgan923@a...   Mon  10/16/2000   3 KB
5611 The Ubiquitious AH Vowel Lloyd W. Hanson   Mon  10/16/2000   4 KB

emusic.com