Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Mon Oct 16, 2000  2:09 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Yet more wedding song requests

My husband & I sang to each other at our wedding (13 years ago!) in lieu
of having a unity candle. Another one of those circumstances that should
have been disturbing but wasn't. It was a big hit with the guests. We
would probably do the same thing if we were to do it now, except I think
the music would be WAY different!

We were in the bridal party of a wedding a year & a half ago & we, along
with two others sang at the reception for the bride & groom.

Here's a few other thoughts:

At that same wedding had a chorus for the ceremony consisting of members
of the bride's church choir & other singing friends. They picked choral
arrangements of different parts of the mass: i.e. Thompson's "Alleluia",
Stravinsky's "Ave Maria" & the church's choir director (who also does
some composing) also set a favorite poem for the choir as well. It was
beautiful & different.

Does the bride or groom's family have a favorite hymn? My husband's
family has a tradition of singing "The Lord Bless You & Keep You",
complete with seven-fold "amen" for major family occasions.

Pat Smith