Vocalist.org archive

From:  snide76258@a...
snide76258@a...
Date:  Mon Oct 16, 2000  1:05 am
Subject:  Re: 24 Italian question...

Back to the original question: Since Judy so graciously entered the
contents of the "24", let me give you my opinions on
their "appropiateness" for men and/or women:

Per la gloria d'adorarvi male preferred
Amarilli, mia bella male preferred
Alma del core either
Come ragggio di sol either
Sebben crudele either
Vittoria, mio core either
Danza, danza fanciulla gentile male preferred
Vergin, totto amore either (but I like it for women)
Caro mio ben either
O del mio dolce ardor either (but I prefer it for men)
Che fiero costume preferred for male
Pur dicesti, o bocca bella preferred for female
Il mio bel foco either
Non posso disperar either
Laciatemi morire for women (Known also as "Lamento
d'Arianna")
Nel cor piu non mi sento either (but I prefer for women)
Se tu mami, se sospiri for women only!
Nina for men
Gia il sole dal Gange preferred for men
Le Violette preferred for women (although
originally a male character!)
Se Florindo e fedele preferred for women (although
originally a male character!)
Pieta Signore either (but I prefer for male)
Tu lo sai either

In some cases these are my opinions only. In other cases, they are my
observations of the way these pieces have been assigned over the
years.

-Jeff Snider

emusic.com