Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Sun Oct 15, 2000  7:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: opera and speech

In a message dated 10/15/00 11:36:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
lloyd.hanson@n... writes:

<< In particular,
the topic revolved around the attempt to improve diction but at the expense
of maintaining a required singing line (which I called a "vowel line") >>

By some of the singers you would cite as examples of this (flemming, price,
etc.), what I hear are vowels that are modified at even the lowest registers
making them incomprehensible. It's not the lack of consonants, it's the
muddiness of the vowels and lack of speech like quality that makes the
diction poor.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5567 Re: opera and speech Lloyd W. Hanson   Mon  10/16/2000   5 KB

emusic.com