Vocalist.org archive

From:  singersuki@a...
singersuki@a...
Date:  Sun Oct 15, 2000  1:28 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] FRONT FOCUS

In a message dated 10/14/2000 7:41:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dgcsorcmgr@j... writes:

<< The breathing method used for clarinet would make a singer very noisy. >>

Breathing is breathing. I used the same method for both with great success.
Once I learned the singer's breathing, I applied it to the clarinet, and it
made playing easier. I have also taught it to oboists, flautists,
bassoonists, french horn players, trumpet players and trombone players, or
basically, the whole wind section, and they all were and still are excellent
players. They all still use the singer's breathing with complete success.

If you're playing a wind instrument AND singing, I would certainly pick one
method of breathing and use it for both. Learning and using two would be a
lot of extra work.

Suki T

emusic.com