Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Sat Oct 14, 2000  6:12 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Yet more wedding song requests

In a message dated 10/14/00 11:35:55 AM, DCLARK@r... writes:

<<
Of course, this is just one opinion, and there are thousands who feel differ-
ently about this. I've been to a many a wedding where the bride and/or groom
sang. I still think it is in poor taste. >>

I happen to agree, Diane. I think that it tends to make the audience
uncomfortable or slightly embarrassed. I would be if I were in attendance.
Again, just a personal opinion. I do, however, agree with the poster who
suggested you sing at the reception as a gift for your bridegroom if you wish
to do so.

Sincerely,
Lynda Lacy

Lynda Lacy, Director of Choral Activities
Jackson Preparatory School
Jackson, Mississippi
"Allow your voice to serve the music, not the other way around." - B. R.
Henson

<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/lynda313/myhomepage/profile.html">Lynda and
the Fine Arts</A>

emusic.com