Vocalist.org archive

From:  dogmac@r...
dogmac@r...
Date:  Sat Oct 14, 2000  5:25 pm
Subject:  Yet more wedding song requests

Hi all

This one is a little different.

I am getting married at the end of March, and, having heard of someone
else doing this, I want to do my own singing down the aisle. I think
it would be a rather nice, and unusual idea, if done well

It is the doing well that I am worried about, so I am looking for
suggestions now, so I can get anything learned WELL in advance, so I
wouldn't be able to stuff up, as I am sure to be VERY nervous.

I have been thinking of In Haven from Sea Pictures. But I would like
any other suggestions for similar length songs. About 3-5 minutes, no
longer. Obviously soppy, but not TOO soppy. And for a mezzo.

Also, please, give me some feedback. Is this an utterly stupid idea?
My heart isn't set on it, so if it is, I can give up and go back to
playing music for the Royal fireworks :-)

Cheers

Di
http://www.dogmac.com

My cool quote of the month:
"Yeah, OK"
I'll give you this one. Me, to Rick. September 1. Around 8pm. No Oooh Aaahs
available, sorry.
Last months was from "The Moving Finger" by Agatha Christie. ONE person got
that. ONE!

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5537 Re: Yet more wedding song requests PJ. Garner   Sat  10/14/2000   18 KB
5540 Re: Yet more wedding song requests DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTM   Sat  10/14/2000   3 KB
5542 Re: Yet more wedding song requests Vivian   Sat  10/14/2000   3 KB
5543 Re: Yet more wedding song requests LYNDA313@a...   Sat  10/14/2000   2 KB
5563 Re: Yet more wedding song requests Mezzoid@a...   Mon  10/16/2000   2 KB
5568 Re: Yet more wedding song requests Patricia M Smith   Mon  10/16/2000   4 KB
5570 Re: Yet more wedding song requests Mezzoid@a...   Mon  10/16/2000   2 KB
5649 Re: Yet more wedding song requests mjmayer@h...   Tue  10/17/2000   3 KB
5609 Re: Yet more wedding song requests dogmac@r...   Mon  10/16/2000   3 KB

emusic.com