Vocalist.org archive

From:  RALUCOB@a...
RALUCOB@a...
Date:  Fri Oct 13, 2000  1:30 pm
Subject:  technology

dear technoids,

i am not opposed to the use of technology in singing however, unless one
can use it in a setup similar to biofeedback, i can't see how it could be
useful. in golf, there are all sorts of gadgets that a golfer can wear or,
apply to a club that restrict movement into a 'proper' usage (the one that
measures swing speed is the most useful one, i would guess). most people
who end up getting these gadgets would be better off getting a bowling ball
instead.

my question to you guys is, how do you specifically make the connection
between technology and practical application. the estill method, for
example, as explained in gillyanne kayes 'singing and the actor', applies
information from laryngoscope viewing to movements you can actually feel
(with your hand) the larynx making during phonation. this is the type of
connection i wish you would make for me.

spectral analysis, unless i can see it as i sing (does this possibility
exist at a low cost?), is useless to me, unless there is another way to make
the connection (a connection to all spectral readings, the good, the bad and
the ugly) and it would have to tell me something i don't already know in a
simpler way.

thanks,
mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5507 Re: technology Caio Rossi   Fri  10/13/2000   2 KB
5510 Re: technology John Alexander Blyth   Fri  10/13/2000   4 KB
5521 Re: technology Reg Boyle   Fri  10/13/2000   2 KB

emusic.com