Vocalist.org archive

From:  "John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
"John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
Date:  Fri Oct 13, 2000  1:30 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] MED: Questions for an ENT

> I have a student who has had a moderately sore throat for 2 weeks...The
student has an appointment with an ENT on Monday. Can I get
> some suggestions on what kinds of things this student should ask? Also,
what
> should the student expect from a "singer" competent ENT?

The ENT should show some extra concern for the student's use of the voice
for singing. If s/he does not, go to someone else. It happens sometimes.
Assuming an interest and concern in the singer, the ENT will very likely
treat accordingly.

John

John J. Messmer, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Family & Community Medicine
Penn State College of Medicine

emusic.com