Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
"Laura Sharp" <lasharp@n...>
Date:  Thu Oct 12, 2000  2:24 pm
Subject:  OFF: How Many Discussion Group Participants does it take to change a light bulb?

If someone's already shared this while I was off-list, please forgive me. I
seldom post humor, feeling as I do, that my own life is already a divine
comedy, but it made me laugh.
Vocalist is much, MUCH better behaved than this hypothetical group, but some
things still sound familiar. A year or so ago though, this sounds a lot like
one of those interminable Charlotte Church threads we used to endure.
From a Neurology web site of all places!
How many Bulletin Board Participants does it take to change a light bulb?
Answer: 1,343
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed;
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
bulb could have been changed differently;
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs;
27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs;
53 to flame the spell checkers;
41 to correct spelling/grammar of the flames;
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb";
another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive;
156 to write to the site administrator about the light bulb discussion and
its inappropriateness to this board;
109 to post that this board is not about light bulbs and to please take this
thread to the litebulb board;
203 to demand that cross posting to grammar-l, spelling-l and illuminati-l
about changing light bulbs be stopped;
111 to defend the posting to this board saying that we all use light bulbs
and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this board;
306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy
the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique
and what brands are faulty;
27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs;
14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and the post the corrected
URL's;
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this
board which makes light bulbs relevant to this board;
33 to link all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and
footers and then add "Me too";
12 to post to the board that they are logging off because they cannot handle
the light bulb controversy;
19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three";
4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ;
44 to ask what is "FAQ";
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago in chat?"
143 to ask "what's chat?"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
5457 Re: OFF: How Many Discussion Group Participants d Caio Rossi   Thu  10/12/2000   4 KB

emusic.com