Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Tue Oct 10, 2000  7:58 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] REP: songs about sirens

>From: Dre de Man <dredeman@y...>
>>
> > Isabelle Bracamonte wrote:
> > > Lorelei songs... or sirens of any kind.
> > > Enchantresses, witches, any women whose sole
> > purpose> > was to lure men to their doom.
>
>Dear lsabelle and co-vocalisters,
>
>I sent an email some 13 hours ago, but I don't see it
>back on the list,so I'll try (working on a different
>computer) to rewrite it. Here we go:
>
>I like the idea very much. Aren't women like this the
>most intersting ones, at least in art?

More years ago than I care to admit, I was in a school production of a 1912
musical titled "Leave It to Jane." I remember there being a song about
sirens in it. Can't remember specific title. Don't remember composer or
lyricist either. (Karen....????)

This show also contains "Cleopatterer," which would make a fun encore, as
would "Mata Hari" from "Little Mary Sunshine."

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...

"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

"Quitters never win. Winners never quit. But those who never win and never
quit are just plain stupid." --anonymousse