Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
"Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Tue Oct 10, 2000  7:42 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Opera singing vs Speech ( or Pop singing ) Was:The rest of the voice,beneath the singer's formant

Jennifer wrote:

> I've also seen a lot of operas where the
> acting was excellent and really believable (and where
> the words could be understood - not all opera singers
> have problems with diction!). I hope someday you have
> the opportunity to see a really good opera so you can
> experience what it's *supposed* to be like.

Maybe you're right, I don't know. But it's the problem of acting, rather
than that of diction, that bothers me, and I get the same impression from
great names, like Pavarotti, Kanawa ( whose voice I just love ), etc. Maybe
what I consider to be good acting is not what they have in mind.

Best regards,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com