Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue Oct 10, 2000  1:57 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] REP: short duets for tenor & mezzo/contralto?

In a message dated 10/09/2000 10:34:28 PM Central Daylight Time,
dalila@R... writes:
dalila@R... writes:

<< I can't remember the text of the "love duet" from Bernstein's ARIAS AND
BARCAROLLES, which are for mezzo and baritone, but might also be worth a
look. >>

"I love you, it's easy to say it, And so easy to mean it, too .. I love you."

BUT it's scored for two pianos, and ends with the the mezzo and baritone in
very close harmony on a G-flat (4) for the baritone and an A-flat (4) for the
mezzo (and the chords in the pianos are also close as well). You'd have to
have one very hip couple to agree to have that piece at their ceremony ...
and one very musically accomplished pair of singers, because it moves through
harmonies and meters like no one's business .... and another pair of fine
pianists.

emusic.com