Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
sopran@a...
Date:  Tue Oct 10, 2000  1:47 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Fudging One's Age

Doris,

We don't really disagree, and your point is that some may have been a bit too
harsh in their reactions, I agree there too. I just don't see all that many
shades of gray. I guess I agree with Dr. Johnson that we must strive to be
very meticulous about the truth--not because "one little lie" is in and of
itself so bad, but because it can lead so easily to other larger and more
harmful distortions of the truth.

I think that this has been a very interesting and worthwhile discussion. I've
been very impressed with how thoughtful and insightful members of this list
seem to be--and how strongly they support the ideas of honesty and personal
integrity.

Judy

emusic.com