Vocalist.org archive

From:  Shuff@c...
Shuff@c...
Date:  Mon Oct 9, 2000  7:46 pm
Subject:  Re: Fudging One's Age and Repertoire!

--- In vocalist-temporary@egroups.com, > stumke.jan@w... writes:

> << some friends told me to
> "make up" some concerts and recitals in order to "enhance" my
curriculum
> vitae. >>
>
> Setting up a continuum of extremely dishonest to mildly dishonest,
I believe
> that would fall in the extreme range. Furthermore, a lie about
repertoire
> could recoil with horrible repercussions. Thank you for being
honest about
> your temptations. I for one am proud of you for not yielding to
that one.

I have to add on a lighter note that this immediately brought to mind
when Joey on "Friends" put on his resume that he was a seasoned
dancer - including Fosse, etc. Then, he was supposed to take over a
dance audition for the production he was trying to get into -
needless to say, it was an unqualified and hilarious disaster......

Sarah

emusic.com