Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
sopran@a...
Date:  Mon Oct 9, 2000  2:25 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Fudging One's Age

In a message dated 10/9/00 12:01:14 AM, Mezzoid@a... writes:

<< She has been called a liar, naive, amoral,
in need of (implied) psychiatric help >>

Just for the record, I didn't call anyone a liar. But I did say (and still
say) that "fudging" your age is lying. Our poster (to her credit) hasn't done
that yet, only considered it, and I sincerely hope that she doesn't ever do
it. Yes, the Met competitions are a big deal, but they are not the only way
to get to sing at the Met. I have friends and acquaintances who sing there
(not in the chorus, either!) who never participated in the Met auditions. So
by all means, pursue your career, but keep your personal and professional
reputation intact!

Judy

emusic.com