Vocalist.org archive

From:  Linda Fox <linda@f...>
Linda Fox <linda@f...>
Date:  Sat Oct 7, 2000  9:36 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] REP: short duets for tenor & mezzo/contralto?

Marje Bunday wrote:

> I sing mezzo & contralto rep, so anything from A/T to SII/T would
> probably work.

So I suppose There Is Beauty In The Bellow Of The Blast from The Mikado
is out of the question (don't even _think_ about it!)

Try something which is a solo, such as I'll Walk Beside You, which has
three verses; do a verse each, then get someone to write (or do it
yourselves) a harmonizing part for the third verse, maybe shifting the
original melody from one voice to the other occasionally.

I'm sure you can do this with other solos.

I don't suppose either of the couple is a singer? If so, (or even if
not, will be other weddings) does anyone know I Heard You Singing by
Eric Coates (he of the Dam Busters march)? Much in the same vein as I'll
Walk Beside You, and personally, I like it better.

Linda

emusic.com